Hairdresser Training Academy in the Lee-On-The-Solent, Gosport and Fareham Areas
Welcome to Nikki Froud Hairdressing Training – the best training programme for hairdressers in Lee-On-The-Solent, Gosport and Fareham areas.
We specialise in in-house training and coming to you at your salon to teaching your students hairdressing and barbering in their regular working environment, which is what Apprenticeships and Work Base learning is all about.
Working in partnership with your salon enables us to give your students an exciting and higher standard of training, developing and strengthening the students life skills and creativity. Through the highly effective e-portfolio system, we strive to work with a higher level of innovation, services and support for your students.
We will also endeavour to create an atmosphere, which encourages a positive and innovative attitude in all those who become involved with the courses, allowing the students to develop their many talents to the full.
Student’s feedback has been extremely positive, giving them a stepping stone into building their columns within their own salon, ready for when they progress further in their careers. We also have a training facility in our Hampshire Salon, where we offer bespoke training catering to individual student needs.
Our Training Services
We offer various courses of Apprenticeships at Level 2 and 3 in hairdressing and barbering and have had optimum success in student completions. All students are on a computer based e-portfolio and this can be accessed 24/7, giving you and your students the ability to check and keep control of their progress.
The e-portfolio system has proved highly popular amongst the students as they do not need to carry around a paper based folder or have the risk of losing any written work as it is saved securely on their e-portfolio. They can also access their portfolios through an App on their mobiles.
What We Offer
- Level 2 Hair professionals in Hairdressing
- Level 2 Hair Professionals in Barbering
- Level 2 Technical awards
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
- Functional skills Level 1 Maths
- Functional skills Level 2 Maths
- Functional Skills Level 2 English
- Level 1-3 Short Awards
- Level 3 & 4 Awards & Certificates in Assessment and Quality Assurance
Why Choose Us?
- Quality is high on the agenda with our e-portfolio system.
- We have been employers ourselves since 1989
- We have been successfully training over and above Apprenticeship requirements since 2006
- All staff working in our own salons are trained in our Academy
- Our highly qualified training staff are all currently still working in the hairdressing industry
- We look at each individual apprentice and work to get the most out of them personally
- We work on building effective relations with employers to work together and communicate with you to ensure you are currently updated with your apprentices’ progress
- We listen to you, the employers and learners, and hear what you say.
If your son or daughter chooses a career in hairdressing or barbering, an apprenticeship is the most preferred training route, as they are able to gain the required experience in a real work environment, whilst they learn and also get paid for doing so. This route involves actually working in a salon for 4 days per week and attending a training session with Nikki Froud one day per week.
Apprentices have the opportunity to progress onto other courses, such as the advanced apprenticeship to provide them with a solid foundation for an exciting career.
We have many success stories of how our learners have progressed onto various prestigious work fields within the hairdressing industry.
- We have several who have gone on to own their own salons
- Some have progressed to be assessors and even teachers themselves
- Competition winners
We encourage each individual to work to the best of their potential but the majority of learners who have trained through us are now working hard and earning money as hairdressers in good salons. A job for life!
Although we are a private training provider, we carry out a very stringent staff recruitment, to ensure your son/daughter is safe in our care.
We also work in partnership with Cheynes Training to secure funding for the Apprenticeship program.
- We have a robust safeguarding policy and procedure
- Staff undergo DBS checks
- Staff are vigilant to bullying, discrimination and on-line safety
- We maintain a safe and positive environment
- We are committed to equal opportunities
We have highly qualified staff who are committed to helping young people to achieve their goals. All of our training staff still carry out hairdressing duties, to ensure they are able to provide current and up-to-date training, thus ensuring learners are equipped to work in any type of salon. Not only are our staff highly qualified hairdressers and teachers, but they also continually learn all the time to ensure they are up-to-date, familiar and are able to deal with current issues and support issues.
- We only work with salons who we have personally vetted, to ensure it is a safe and professional environment in which to work and train; as well as ensuring they treat people equally and with respect.
- We have a zero tolerance of bullying and staff are vigilant in bullying or safeguarding issues
- Your son/daughter will be assigned a personal tutor who will support them through their training and help them keep on track with their Apprenticeship Program.
- We have an open door policy, which enables all our learners to express their views and be ‘listened to’.
Apprenticeships deliver skills designed around your business needs, providing the skilled workers you need for the future. Apprentices also help you develop the specialist skills you need to keep pace with the latest technology and working practices in your sector, giving you the opportunity to play a part in building a better skilled workforce. As an employer, you know how vital it is to continually grow and improve your business to succeed. We feel it is important that you get the best training possible for your apprentices; doing the best for your business. All good employers know that a team of qualified and motivated staff is essential to maintain a competitive edge in the industry.
Taking on an apprentice in hairdressing or barbering could be one of the best choices for your business that you ever make. You can also use apprenticeships to train new or existing staff, to up-skill these employees, or advance their skills through an advanced apprenticeship.
- Training staff, whether current or new is known to increase morale and confidence in the business, leaning to improved loyalty.
- You have the chance to ‘grow your own’ future staff, as we do; we believe that this is always the best method to achieve the specific needs of your salon.
- Because you are committing time to your apprentices, you are more likely to build a better, more understanding relationship with each other to support achievement and get the best out of the person, resulting in better matched staff to complement your business.
- You should be in control of where your apprentices do their training, as they are your future!